Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bitter Sweet Victory

well we won. honestly we kicked ass calling it just a win would be the understatement of the century. Bacon only won around four or five bouts and Waterford didn't win any. It just makes me want to say "okay we are here now you can just go home." it's pathetic I only lost one bout today (against Couper, which is not a surprise), oh and hey speaking of Couper minor shocker with him today Kevin beet him 5 to 2, did not see that coming at all I thought it was going to be a lot closer. and I got two bagels. that's the bittersweet part I kinda want the challenge the close bouts because otherwise it will feel almost anticlimactic but hey nothing I can do about the other schools standard skill level.

the girls won both there matches by forfeit but they still fenced and from what I hear they did well.

that reminds me we are doing a bagel contest this year (a bagel is a bout with a score of 5 to 0 or 15 to 0 although most of our bouts are just five touches) so far Tim and I both have two. not only that but three of our newbies Elizabeth, Dave, and new Pat all got bagels. very impressive given how little training they have had.

sources of frustration today included the usual, less then stellar ref's (this was seriously killing Austin) and equipment failures mercifully this time around the majority of the equipment problems belonged to Waterford, 3 of there JV had half dead lame's between that and the first year fencer reffing the JV and novice bouts, the JV squad had a very, very, frustrating day. so to them I extend my sympathy but nothing else seeing as they just need to learn to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment